Care Home Information Guide

Your starting point in signposting some of the main areas of health and social care services in the UK. With all the relevant care home Information and help you need with reference links to care signposting

Age UK

Provides information and advice for older people in the UK. Age UK has been created by the merger of Age Concern and Help the Aged which provides respite care.

York House
207-221 Pentonville Road
London N1 9UZ
T 0800 169 8787 (general enquiries)
0800 169 6565 (advice line)
W Age UK
B Age UK Blog

Alzheimers Society

Alzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Devon House
58 St Katherine's Way
London E1W 1LB
T 0207 7423 3500
W Alzheimers Society

AT Dementia

AT Dementia brings together information about assistive technology and other products that can help support the independence and leisure opportunities of people with dementia.

9 Newarke Street
T 0116 257 5017
W At Dementia

Benefit Enquiry Line (BEL)

National, free telephone advice and information service on benefits for people with disabilities, their carers and representatives. Note those advisers can send out forms and give advice but they have no access to personal records.

Red Rose House
Lancaster Road
Lancashire PR1 1HB
T 0800 88 22 00 (free helpline open 8.30am-6.30pm weekdays and 9.00am-1.00pm Saturdays) 0800 243 544 (text phone)
W Benefit Enquiry Line (BEL)

Care And Social Services Inspectorate Wales

Inspects and reviews local authority social services and regulates and inspects care settings and agencies across Wales.

Cathays Park
Cardiff CF10 3NQ
T 01443 848450
W Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales

Care Quality Commission

Regulates inspects and reviews all adult social care services in the public, private and voluntary sectors in England, the Channel Islands and the Isle Of Man. Formerly the Commission for Social Care Inspection (CSCI).
We use information provided by the CQC to power the care reports

National Correspondence
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4WH
T 03000 616161
W Care Quality Commission

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

Your local CAB office can provide information and advice in confidence or point you in the right direction. To find your nearest CAB look in the phone book, ask at your local library or look on the citizen's advice website (above). Opening times vary.

Various locations
W Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

English Community Care Association (ECCA)

Working on behalf of small, medium and large providers, ECCA speaks with a single unified voice for both members and the whole care sector. Our membership includes organisations of varying types and sizes, amongst them single care homes, small local groups, national providers and not-for-profit voluntary organisations and associations.

2nd Floor, Monmouth House
40 Artillery Lane
E1 7LS
T 08450 577677
W English Community Care Association

Epilepsy Action

Epilepsy Action is the largest member-led epilepsy organisation in Britain, acting as the voice of the UK's estimated 456,000 people with epilepsy, as well as their friends, families, carers, health professionals and the many other people on whose lives the condition has an impact.

New Anstey House
Gate Way Drive
LS19 7XY
T 0808 800 5050
W Epilepsy Action

Essential Environments

Essential Environments is a consultancy which is committed to improving the
Care Environment. We assist with all Care Environment Issues, Refurbishment, Extension and Development.

12 Richmond Ave
Washington Village
Tyne & Wear
NE38 7JG
T 07918732208
W Essential Environments

HCE Solutions

Provides an online facility for Healthcare Europe Limited, offers over 3,500 daily living, elderly care and mobility products to help maintain the independence and improve the quality of life for people in residential care homes, nursing homes or domiciliary care

Healthcare Europe Ltd
Victory House
The Sidings Business Park
T 0845 057 3593
W HCE Solutions

Independent Age

Provides advice, information and financial support for older people, their families and carers. Produces fact sheets on topics ranging from benefits to care homes, including choosing a care home: fees and funding, paying care home fees: community care, and Community care and the NHS: a guide to making a complaint.

6 Avonmore Road
W14 8RL
T 020 7605 4200
W Independent Age

Memory & Alzheimer's Cafes UK Directory

This independent directory has been developed to enable anyone to locate a Memory or Alzheimer's Cafe in the UK by region or county.

W Memory Cafes UK Directory

Registered Care Providers Association Ltd (RCPA Ltd);

The Registered Care Providers Association Ltd (RCPA Ltd) is a member's organisation. Its role is to assist proprietors, managers and employees of all care provider organisations within Somerset and the surrounding area, whether private or voluntary, domiciliary or residential. Members work with the elderly, as well as adults with a variety of physical and learning difficulties.

Victoria House
Victoria Street
T 01823 351630
F 01823 351678
W Registered Care Providers Association Ltd (RCPA Ltd)

Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority

The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA) is the independent health and social care regulatory body for Northern Ireland and forms an integral part of the new health and social care structures. In its work RQIA encourages continuous improvement in the quality of these services through a programme of inspections and reviews.

9th Floor Riverside Tower,
5 Lanyon Place,
Belfast, BT1 3BT
T 028 9051 7500
W Regualtion and Quality Improvement Authority

Relatives and Residents Association

Advises relatives and close friends of people in care homes on a range of topics, from how to get an assessment to what to do when problems occur in a home.

24 The Ivories
6-18 Northampton Street
London N1 2HY
T 020 7359 8148
020 7359 8136 (advice line, weekdays 9.30am-4.30pm)
W Relatives and Residents Association

Scottish Commission For The Regulation Of Care

They were set up in April 2002 under the Regulation of Care (Scotland) Act 2001 to regulate all adult, child and independent healthcare services in Scotland.

Compass House,
11 Riverside Drive
Dundee DD1 4NY
T 01382 207100
W Scottish Commission For The Regulation Of Care

Social Care Association

SCA is a UK organisation of individuals and corporate organisations involved in social care. This means all service user groups, children and adults. This means all job roles – Supporting Caring and Assisting people to live the kind of life they want with choice and independence

350 West Barnes lane
Motspur Park
New Malden
T 020 89495837
W Social Care Association
Leave Feedback

Website designed and built by SPS Marketing