Cheselden Continuing Health Care FundingCheselden is here to help people either reclaim care costs that should not have been paid, or avoid paying for care in the first place as they should have qualified for NHS Continuing Healthcare.
We work with individuals, care homes, the NHS and local authorities to review patients’ care needs and make sure eligible patients get the on-going funding and/or refunds to which they’re entitled
What is NHS Continuing Healthcare?
The definition of NHS Continuing Healthcare is,
“A package of ongoing care that is arranged and funded solely by the NHS where the individual has been found to have a ‘primary health need”
This care is provided to individuals aged 18 or over to meet needs that have arisen because of disability, accident or illness.
An NHS Continuing Healthcare package will meet and pay for all the patient’s nursing, social and personal care needs, and cover their accommodation costs if they live in a care home. Most patients receiving NHS Continuing Healthcare live in a nursing home, but care can also be provided in a residential care home, hospital, hospice, or the patient’s own home.
NHS Continuing Healthcare is not means-tested. If you are assessed as having a primary health need, the NHS is legally obliged to provide you with a full care and funding package.
What is a primary health need?
A primary health need is the assessment of 11 care domains:
• Psychological and Emotional
• Skin and Tissue Viability
• The Altered States of Consciousness
• Other Care Domains
Each of those care domains is assessed by means of unpredictability, nature, intensity and complexity.
How does Cheselden work?
Cheselden is here to help people either reclaim care costs that should not have been paid, or avoid paying for care in the first place because they have a primary health need.
We work with individuals, care homes, the NHS and local authorities to review patients’ care needs and make sure eligible patients get the on-going funding and/or refunds to which they’re entitled.
To find out more about our services please visit our website or give us a call today on 0845 6591588
Care Home Support
We are committed to giving you and your residents a high-quality service and expert advice.
Our services include:
• Holding information evenings and presentations to tell staff, residents and their families about Continuing Healthcare and NHS-funded Nursing Care.
• Training care home staff on NHS funding options and how to identify when a resident might need an eligibility assessment.
• Assessing residents to identify their care needs, and then advising them and their families on the appropriate levels of care and funding.
• Supporting residents and their families through the application and appeal processes for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS-funded Nursing Care.
• Providing access to advice and information on self-funding options for residents who do not qualify for NHS funding.
To find out more about our services give us a ring on 0845 6591588 and a member of our team will be more than happy to speak with you.